Work Experience 2


Image result for lucan educate together national school

LETNS-23rd January 2017 

I spent my third week at my old primary school Lucan Educate Together National School. I had to be there at 8:50 and I finished at 2:30. The school is right beside my estate so it was so easy getting there and back with only a quick walk.

I loved the short working hours and it was great getting to experience the role of a primary school teacher however I didn't enjoy working with the children so I can't see myself pursuing this career in the future.

eir-30th January 2017

I spent my fourth week with eir, an Irish sports, mobile and broadband telecommunications company. I was in their Office Headquarters up by Heuston station so it was handy just getting the bus up to Heuston. My hours were 10:00-4:00.

I really enjoyed my week with eir. Everyone was so nice there. I sat in on meetings with the heads of different departments which was really interesting, I got to sit down with a graphic designer, I got see apps being made on different devices, I got see fundraising events being planned and I got to spend time with eir sport watching them create and run TV channels. I would definitely consider a future in business.

DNG-27th February 2017

I spent my fifth week with Douglas Newman Good who are an Irish real estate and property company. The week was based at their Headquarters in Ranelagh which was very difficult to get to. I had to get two busses there and back every day. The hours were 10:00-4:00.

DNG put together a fantastic programme. They were very welcoming and put a lot of effort/money into the week. We learnt about the company, viewed new and old properties that were for sale, experienced an auction, went on an architectural tour of Dublin, went on a tour of the D.I.T campus where people study property, went to a construction site and spent a day in the life of an estate agent at individual branches. I really enjoyed the week and would consider becoming an estate agent.

An Garda Síochána

I spent my sixth and final week of work experience with the Gardaí at Pearse Street Garda Station. It was easy getting there, I just got the bus into town. The hours were generally 10:00-3:00.

During the week we had great talks from the drugs unit, the armed response unit, the traffic unit and from the station's Superintendent which were all very interesting. We visited the courts, the 999 call centre, Templemore the Garda training college and the Garda mounted unit in the Phoenix park which was so much fun. I really enjoyed the week and would consider becoming a Garda.

Image result for eirImage result for dngImage result for an garda síochána

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voluntary Service

Expectations

Subjects Term 1