Work Experience 1

DSPCA-17th October 2016

I spent my first week of work experience at the DSPCA in the Dublin Mountains. I had to be there at 8:50 am every morning and I finished at 4:00 pm. The location of the shelter up in the mountains was awkward so there was no bus route going there and the country roads weren’t safe for walking along so I had to get a lift. The traffic was really bad on the M50 so I had to leave my house at 7:30 which meant I had to get up at 7:00.

On Monday morning we were assigned our different jobs and units within the Shelter. Most people were sent to the Cattery and re-homing units however me and a friend got the hardest job being assigned to the isolation unit caring for sick and newborn animals. It was hard work cleaning out dirty cages but it was great fun playing with the animals. I really enjoyed my week there.

Image result for DSPCA


Calendar Club-24th October 2016

I spent my second week working at the Calendar Club stall in Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. My hours were 11:00 till 4:00 and I got a lunch break at 1:00. Luckily I only had a short bus journey everyday. I had to use the till, help customers and do stock taking. At times the stall was very busy due to many people doing their Christmas shopping and I found it very stressful and pressuring using the till then.

The week was fun working with my friend and great experience as I learnt a lot like how to use a till and how to stock take however I didn't enjoy the job. I've learnt from the week that I don't want to work in retail when I'm older.

Image result for calendar club








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voluntary Service

Expectations

Subjects Term 1